Tips On Increasing Physical Activity On Daily Basis
Everyone wants to get physically fit and be healthy. You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollar to achieve that. There are many ways that are cheap and even free to increase physical activity in your current lifestyle. Here are some tips that will help you increase activity level in your daily lives.
- Use Resistance Bands. This the most useful tool you can buy for home workouts. They are portable and some comes with DVD to offer exercise for whole body workouts. Check out this one – GoFit Ultimate ProGym with DVD.
- Use Pedometer. Studies show that when people wear a pedometers, they tend to take more steps throughout the day. Set goals (aim for 10,000 steps per day) and try to increase your steps over time. If walking alone doesn’t sound fun to you, this little gadget just may provide the motivation you need.
- Invest in a rebounder (mini-trampoline) and jump while watching TV.
- Get up to change the TV channel rather than using the remote.
- Stand up and walk in place while watching TV (or at least during commercials).
- Ride a stationary bike or use stepper while you are watching TV, reading a book, or talking to someone.
- Limit TV and home computer use to no more than 2 hours per day, or minimally reduce these pastimes by 30 minutes daily.
- Try taking stairs instead of an elevator or escalator whenever possible
- If going up steps is too difficult, try starting with taking stairs only going down.
- Walk up or down escalators instead of standing still.
- Walk instead of standing on moving walkways in airports and other public places.
- Park at the farthest end of the lot; stop searching for the closest parking space.
- Get up and move for 3–5 minutes after every 30 minutes of a sedentary activity.
- Stand up or take a short walk instead of remaining seated during work breaks.
- For every excess calorie you eat, add 20 steps to your daily total.
- Take the dog out for a daily walk; borrow a neighbor’s dog if necessary.